To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Photo from the web
I just recently finished reading To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han and it was so fancy, my eyes were totally glued to it. I first saw the film on Netflix in 2018 and after two months since its film debut, I bought the three book-installment: To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You and To All The Boys: Always and Forever, Lara Jean.

It was nice to see the film prior to reading because at least I have a good character imagination with Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean Covey (Noah Centineo and Lana Condor). At least, the characters had specific faces in my head while I was reading.

It just brought back so much relief and relaxation that took me back to some good old days of high school and college. Hehe. It was so light but you'll get hooked in no time - it might be predictable at times, but you still have that knack of hope on what you actually expect to happen.


Do you know what it's like to like someone so much you can't stand it and know that they'll never feel the same way?
Who among us did not get through something like this in our lives? Some unrequited "like" or love. Maybe you are still in high school with a crush that you don't think like you back. It's okay. What I've learned in life was that, no matter how painful it gets sometimes, you just do what you are in school to do - study hard, do not neglect your activities and projects, and make friends. They will help you get through hard times in life.

Photo from the web

The most believable lies are the ones are at least a little bit true.

I don't think relationships are just about physicality. There are ways to show you care about someone without using your lips. 
Tita tip: choose someone you can be your true self with. Your disgusting self. Relationships are not just about the physical attraction you have for each other, it goes beyond that. I've dated a lot of terrible men in the past. I remember a guy I was dating before who tells me I'm too fat when in reality I'm too thin and do not have a big tummy. I tend to be so insecure about my body and my weight when in fact I was only 47-48 kilograms at that time. And it seemed like you do not have the right to feel bad because what he was telling you was the truth, but deep inside you know that there was nothing wrong with you, but then you still try to improve because of his goddamn opinion that still mattered to you. Do not date people like that (boys and girls). It was good riddance.

Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen. 
Do not worry and let life takes its course, but do not forget to be careful and vigilant. Always take your brain with you and ask your heart a second opinion.

It's scary when it's real. When it's not just thinking about a person, but, like, having a real live person in front of you, with, like, expectations. And wants. 
A reckless driver is better than a scared one; ask anybody. 
I'm kind of in-between. Hehehe

Love is scary; it changes; it can go away. That's part of the risk. 
So next time you'd ask if it is sure, there's nothing sure about anything else. You take the risk.


There is so much to learn when you are young so you should not rush into things unless you are willing to take the risk (I can't say 'ready' because I believe that you can never be ready for something - big or small). Do not be afraid. Life will unfold itself no matter what. Perhaps, you may take an ounce of carefulness with you. Not too careful but not too careless either. Live your life and live it well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum