13 Going 30

Thanks to Labor Day, I have finally got a chance to watch another movie - and no, it's not Avengers: End Game, but another film that stars Mark Ruffalo, 13 Going 30.

I was a teenager when the movie was released. I remember relating to how we wish we are mature or old enough to live the life we always wanted - like real grown-ups, doing whatever we like, going to places where our parents or guardians do not permit, or having to meet someone we can relate more with - be in a relationship with, or even marry.

I turned a little 30 a week back, and I think it was quite timely for me to see the film. Like Jenna Rink (Jennifer Garner's character), I wish I also had a chance to go back to a time I most wanted or have the opportunity to change a life's decision. Haha! Aren't we all are, at some point?

While I may have a few regrets, I'm also grateful to reach the age when I don't fear much at all vis-a-vis to life back then. If I am asked today, I can afford to lose a job anytime - don't get me wrong - it's not that I want to, but if and when, I know that the world is big enough to explore and test different waters where I can totally fit in. If you talk to me a few years back, I'd definitely die thinking how I am going to survive day-to-day without a job or a career for that matter.

I have come to know that there are far important things than what we use to earn for a living. It's living that matters; and while money is an essential part of why we work hard, nothing can ever compare to the fulfillment that what we currently do gives us. It makes family celebrations even more like a celebration. It creates means for us to purchase things or services that can make us happy and appreciative more in life.

Jenna in the movie felt this when her life started to unfold. Sometimes, I also think the same as her: what have I become? 

Even up to this day, whenever I'm left alone I think - what on earth have I become? Is it for the better? Is there anything else I should do in life? Am I too fast or slow? Am I doing something right? Lots and lots of questions.

You know, I don't really have some much time to go through these questions and reflect on it one-by-one. I always have something 'more important' to render to. People close to me, I guess would have the answer. I'm at a point in life that I'm not that anxious to make mistakes anymore because I know that I can always start over and life is a never-ending process of ends and beginnings. I have reached the point that I don't want to lose more time. I want to make the most out of it like it's always last every single day.

I have made so many mistakes in my life. I guess, I have paid that or will do in due time. However, one thing that I know of is I'm ready. As much as it will hurt to do so, I'm sure that there are life lessons and purpose that will help me be wherever exactly I need to be. So help me, God.

---
Mark Ruffalo is my first-ever legit crush. Hahahaha! Not from the movie 13 Going 30 though, but from Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon. The latter was released a year after the former; so yes, I've seen 13 Going 30 quite late. Now, I can only associate him to Hulk hehe, but he is indeed a good versatile actor (same with Paul Rudd).

I love how Jenna had the chance to correct her life, then everything seems to fall onto the right places. Sana all! hahaha! Let's wait and see.

---

To those who took time in the day to greet me a happy birthday and wish me well, thank you so much. This life is way cooler and more colorful with you guys in it. Thanks again! Here's to another year of life!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Shainne :')
    You make my heart smile, knowing that you have happier birthdays now

    Living with nightly regrets, I wish that I can turn back time, and didn't walk away

    Still in love...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum