2019 and still a long long way to go

2018 was one hella challenging year for me. The depression, the questionable life, and other challenges. I went to a whirlwind of emotions and workaholism. LOL. I have managed to survive, anyway.

Business was good in 2018, and I hope it continues. I have discovered so many things about myself, too. Things that I did not even notice even way before.

I think that was what reflection can do for you. My experiences are humbling. I was always being reminded to remain simple, get my feet to stay on the ground, and cherish people who want to be part of my life. I have managed to eliminate people who only remember me because they needed something or purely bored and I was the nearest person whom they can bug and willing to entertain. I have had enough. Bahala na kayo sa buhay niyo! Hahaha!

I started 2019 with flu. I thought 2018 would spare me from any form of sickness, but NO. The universe has its own way of reminding me that I am only human and I need rest, too. I worked non-stop for the past year. Mondays to Sundays. It was always discovering new things. It was fun, but you know, tiring.

2019 seems quite good of a year to me. Finally, I can meet my thesis adviser again to have my manuscript re-check and ready for my final defense. I am crossing all my fingers to ace this year with flying colors.

I am working extra hard this year because I want to calibrate my life. Hahaha! You know, I always blame myself for my life choices. I have had so many mistakes in the past. I cannot tweak any of it though, what I can do is to do better in the present and the next. Ganun talaga. You win some, you learn some.

2019 is also big for my friends, too! Some shifted careers, some will have kids, and I (together with other friends) will celebrate their life advancement as I also advance with mine. I have come to know who my real friends are. I have waved goodbye to toxic ones because they are plain toxic. They do not contribute to my growth and like I have said, only remembers me whenever they needed something.

I know that I still have a long looooong way to go and I am nowhere near where I wanted to be, but at least I have taken the first few steps to reach my desired destination.

I am also not thinking of love for this year. It had disappointed me some ways, and I would like to believe that it is the universe saying, 'slow down.' Hahaha! BUT, all is good in the hood!

I would not own 2019, and it is not entirely mine, okay? I just like to do better this time around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum