Talking About Self - Esteem

Photo from Google Images
Why do some people have a high self-esteem and others low? Maybe because of a good interaction with other people or the place they lived in and many other circumstances involved. As we discussed about the Self-Esteem Theory in class, it also reflects that having low self-esteem is not just about being shy or discreet but also being insecure and telling false stories about other people, just a sign that they are not capable of accepting their own self, that's why they are making false information just to have something to talk about, maybe they can gain some acceptance from others, turning other people down to attain self-fulfillment.

When I was in high school, I've been bullied by my classmates, specifically one group of girls whom I used to be friends just before hand. They will always tell false stories about me and thinking that I'm a drama queen at class because I've been too quiet for sometime due to family related problems and sometimes I just don't feel like talking to anyone, going through a self-discovery and self personality building at early times. There was a time when our teacher assigned a group work and I was actually grouped with them, as we do the work I could feel that they don't really like me, they don't want to be with me or even talk to me and they would just laugh behind my back. They would tell others that I'm so irritating, they don't want to be friends with me and I'm not a really good friend at all, the false stories even reached other sections and passed from one person to another with additional false information. I felt like I was not deserving to have friends, so I did stuff alone, engaged myself into music, some art, films and Batman related things. If Batman can live alone and do things in a tactful way, why can't I? I winded it up just like what he did. Less talk, less fight. Even when I verbalize something or not, people will still say something not so nice about me, they are fond of making judgments without really even knowing what's going through with the person they are whining up. But that's one part of reality; we couldn't force everyone to show relish on us, considering that we have different choices and preferences.

My teacher even talked to me about it, telling me that what I'm doing like being silent about the issue, not having fights with those girls and doing my work well were just the right things to do. I learned with those devastating words that I should remain discreet and not to care at all, because I can't please everybody anyway. As long as I know that I'm not stepping into someone and I'm not turning anyone down, I'm fine with it. Apparently, I had low self confidence because of that experience, but just so I thought that being humble or showing great humility is indeed the having the highest self-esteem. Helping myself to build up personality efficiency that can help me to believe that I can overcome obstacles or challenges and I can achieve my goals in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum