Life's good!

When we think of all the stuff that occurred in the day, we tend to think what went wrong not what went right. That's kind of a huge thing to dive into. Positivity, in moments, becomes rare. That is the sad part. We always think the world owe us  the big things without realizing that others don't even have even the tinniest ones.

Today, while having a long long walk in the University, I thought of counting the simple things that I feel I'm really blessed to have.

1. A voice

Earlier in the day, I went to the University. I was walking for almost half an hour looking for a Notary Public Office and still can't find any. I don't quite memorize the sections and units of that huge university. I grabbed my phone, turn on my mobile data connection, search and I did find. Since I wasn't sure if that was the updated location of the Notary Public Office, I asked a vendor from the shopping center and quite confirm if it was really located at the Bahay ng Alumni. He said yes. Then I walked again.

I reached the building, still not sure where exactly the office was located then I saw a gardener. He was sweeping fallen dry leaves from the trees. I tried calling him, "Boss!" I yelled. He didn't seem to hear me so I went nearer, "Kuya!" By this time, I had his attention. He saw me walking towards him. I then asked, "Boss, saan dito yung Notary Public Office?" He was holding a broom and a dustpan, pointed out the location using the broom and uttered a tiny sound. I looked at him. I did all the talking. I confirmed, "Saan dito? Pasok ako sa loob?" He signaled. He nodded to tell me that yes, I should go inside. I asked where exactly. He looked at me feeling sorry because he couldn't answer where exactly the office is located. I can't give him options of 'where' because I don't even know the setup of the inside. He knows the answer but he just can't speak. He wants to help me yet he couldn't do much. He is mute.

He tried his very best to give me the clearest direction he could give. I was moved.
I have the voice to speak, to ask for directions, to ask for questions and to answer some. For him, he won't be able to even sing his favorite songs or utter even the smallest words yet for all his efforts, he still have managed to help me.

2. Good music

My choice of music is from Alternative to Rock. Classic Rock, soft ones, 90s, Indie folk and Norah Jones like. It is always wonderful to end the long tiring day with some good music. Below are my top picks for the week (in no particular order):

Again -Lenny Kravitz
Retrace - Anberlin
Come Together - The Beatles
Don't Know Why - Norah Jones
What am I To You - Norah Jones
Shatter - O.A.R
As Long As It Matters - Gin Blossoms
Soul to Squeeze - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
There is a light that never goes out - The Smiths
I Thought I Saw Your Face Today - She & Him
Come On, Get Higher - Matt Nathanson
You and Me Song - Wannadies
Stop Crying Your Heart Out - The Killers
Runaway Train - Soul Asylum
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Champagne Supernova - Oasis
This Gathering - Franco
Never Without You - Ringo Starr
Linger - The Cranberries

3. A good laugh

Somehow I could say that I am one of those people who are 'always happy, never grumpy.' Simply because I love to have life in a good light. There are so many factors that can make us angry, sad, annoyed or disappointed and our good disposition can be the biggest barrier why those negative feelings won't exist. We should always think of the ways to make ourselves happy, productive and shining! Negative feelings existed because they are supposed to be felt. We get it. But we should ponder and choose why we don't need to feel those negative emotions anymore. 

I am blessed to have an everyday dose of good laugh with friends and even with myself (not the crazy one that you might think.)

4. The urge to tell a nice story

I tell stories and special experiences - funny, sad and mostly happy. I tell stories so I can impart even just the feel of the experience. I tell stories because I've got stories to tell. I tell stories because I don't want to forget them. I tell those because I don't want my stories to forget me.

5. Good and bad people

There are so many good people in our lives, and bad ones too. In one way or another they do teach us the best lessons in life. Good people can make us happy, comfortable and laugh. They can lead us to the right directions where we can go to brighten up our lives and they are the confidants of us in the world full of angst.

Bad people, on the other hand, can make us appreciate more the good ones. They can make us stronger. They are the living proofs of our hardest life lessons. They make every fight worth it. Simply because we know that no matter what they do and say, they can't ever bring us down.

Stick to the good ones, learn from the bad ones and just be happy wherever and whoever you are.



Comments

  1. Definitely.. Live well, laugh often and love as much as you can..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum