Tsamba

I grew up in a not-so-rich family. I was raised by my grandparents in modest means. They sent me to school for my so-called brighter future. It was worth it, if I may say. I have experienced both public and private school.

When I was in my first and second grade, I was enrolled in a public elementary school. We were more than 50 students in one classroom. There were bullies everywhere and terror teachers, too. I was six years old mumbling through the corridors how life was for my other classmates. Being friendly was not innate to me as I did enjoy the company of myself most of the time.

I was raised to bring good grades. I was not expected to be on the honor roll. I was just encouraged to have at least good grades, but more importantly, I was motivated to work hard for all the things I would do even if it means I fail, so as long as I could learn something that will help me through life.

It was in the earlier of times I have awakened to how life was and how it will be. There were no sugar coatings for me. It was all in reality. Yet, through it all, it didn't stop me from imagining things how exactly I want them to become.

I was a kid then afraid of bad grades. I felt like bringing good grades at home will make my grandparents happy, and it was the only way I can show gratitude for all the sacrifices they made through the years. I've learned that more than the well-wishes and prayers, a combination of putting hard work is essential. Or so I believe.

Now, it fascinates me why people wish for luck instead of the strength and wisdom to breakthrough and achieve success. Of course, everyone might seem to want easy money, even I - that I won't deny - But through the 'easiness,' it is the emptiness that it makes crumpled inside.

"Did I work hard enough for it? Did it fulfill my inner self, more than the money it brings? Is it something I can share? Did I learn a skill or two from it?"
Everyone, including me, wants the 'convenience.' There is no denying to that. But, the question is, what will happen when it is not convenient anymore? Do I rely on tsamba or hard work? Do I count on luck instead of believing in my own skillset? Do I wish for success more than working hard for the opportunity in front of me?

"Gone are the days that people depend solely on hard work. Now, people wish for 'luck' instead of 'strength' and 'wisdom' to breakthrough. How sad."

I'm not a hypocrite who does not wish for an easy way. But I also know that through experiences and acquired knowledge, my best self would flourish.

I've lost people along the way, maybe through outgrowing friendships, relationships, or even death, but one thing I've learned from it all: the only thing that matters at the time of your demise are the people who love you, the right relationships you maintained, and the lessons of each and every failure and success you had in your life.

Material things do not matter that much. It is essential on earth but not in anywhere else.
The lessons are treasures, and the knowledge we gain is truly indestructible. Hard work pays off, maybe not now, but sooner or later.

So kids, instead of wishing for good grades, why not work hard for one? For those who are working extra hard for it but it still not making the cut, do not feel inferior, do not feel like a failure, as long as you are learning something for it, then you are in the right place.

For those who had their tsamba in order, can you honestly say you have learned something from it? Can the questions be asked again to you and you would know how to answer? Can you confidently say you are contented with the 'luck' and not with the 'work?'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum