The #NoToStraw Experience

#NoToStraw campaign initially started when I was still in college taking up my Green Marketing course. The said course opened my eyes and my being to be an environmentally responsible marketer which also constituted with our group then doing a research in using plastic utensils in University Belt, its effects and its alternatives.

Truth be told, I also happened to have lost my track to what should have done in the first place. It is very recent that all these woke me up again and finally initiated a campaign for the greater good. When I started supporting campaigns for the ocean, it triggered me to be more responsible and hands-on to what should be done for the environment and its entities. Besides, we are the beneficiaries of our own efforts and sacrifices. 

My #NoToStraw experience seems to bring weirdness for some. As an example, the baristas who serve me coffee or frappucino - to be more specific- used to find it really different that I go for a no cover, no straw, and no tissue frappucino. They tend to ask me why, and I, on the other hand, enthusiastically explains to them what it is for and what benefits we could all get by limiting our plastic usage. Others were convinced, the rest just found it funny. From my end, at least, my trash whenever I order coffee is just the plastic or paper cup - just one from the usual many things that were being thrown away whenever I dine in or have it to go. 

True enough that it is hard to totally eliminate our plastic usage but we can start by limiting the consumption of it. Just like for straws - we can still drink our beverages without it. I know that it provides convenience especially if it is a cold drink as the ice are going straight to our lips, but limiting its habitude can provide a greater convenience not just for us but for the environment as a whole. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum