MMDA: To ease the traffic

Photo from Google Images
This is my first blog post for 2011 and I just want to hit a good news to start the year right. We (Filipinos) know that the traffic here in Metro Manila is not a joke, we can be stranded or stuck up on the road for long hours because of the severe traffic. I sometimes blame the government or the MMDA about these incidents in the road that I'm getting stuck into a traffic and will not be able to make it on time for whatever appointment i have. But as I was browsing some good news about the government today, this MMDA thing amused me.

Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA), is planning to construct roundabouts or rotondas, in those strategic locations all over the metro. They are proposing and implementing long-term and short-term solutions to address the traffic congestion, more specifically on the areas where there are too many road obstructions. It also said that they will increase the travel time and they will also decongest the major roads.

MMDA will definitely start or put this newly proposed plan and they are planning also to construct nine roundabouts to the six pilot cities namely Julia Vargas-Meralco Avenue and Redemptorist-Quirino Avenue-Taft Avenue intersections.

It's going to be so good especially for the commuters, I really do hope for a great ease on the road about this plan and I hope that constructing this roundabouts will not totally add up to the severe traffic that we are facing now. I'm looking forward to a traffic-free Metro Manila. Superb! It's nice to hear some good news this new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum