My 10-Day Menu


In a previous post, I've listed down few of the things to remember when doing your grocery shopping. After which, it will all boils down to... making your meal.

I've become conscious about preparing food, storing them, products to choose, and the like. Since I've found my way to the kitchen, I started liking the 'cooking' experience and tweaking bit and pieces of different recipes in my own and my family's preferences, making it more personal and custom.

I first thought cooking is hard and there's no way I would ever craft something from scratch aside from pre-heated and/or processed food - which I believe isn't healthy at all. 

Reading is the answer. I think, I like reading more than watching, but if you prefer a quicker grasp of recipes from the internet, you can always resort to YouTube videos available.

If you are a busy person like me (naks!), it pays to list down your menu before the week ends so you know what to buy. If amenable, prepare mixes of ingredients in advance so you can just cook and cook during each meal time.

Anyhoo, below is my crafted and home-made (except for some ingredients) 10-day menu for my family:

Breakfast:
Fried Rice + Tuyo + Egg (with hotdog)
YangChow Fried Rice

Main Dishes (Lunch and Dinner):
Pork Steak
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Home-made Siomai
Misua with Meatballs
Baguio Beans with Tuna
Daing na Bangus
Tuna Fetuccine
Spaghetti
Sopas

Dessert:
Toaster Oven Cookies (my own crafted recipe and procedure)

It's so satisfying to be able to serve the home table with good food. All the above ingredients were purchased in a thousand or a little more (definitely less than P2,000). 

A good meal doesn't need to be so expensive. It just takes a little practice and creativeness to cook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum