2016: All 'is' to 'was'; all 'are' to 'were'

2016, where do I begin?

Almost everyone has claimed 2017 to be theirs already. Hmm. Does it work on a first-dibs-basis? If it does then I'm out. Nevertheless, I'm planning 2017 to be more fun and fruitful; I'm choosing it to be like that and somehow, I can't wait.

2016 wasn't perfect... at all. Up until now I'm still being tested and I'm still pushing through the hardness and harshness of this year; though there have been a lot of unexpected great things occurred along the journey, I couldn't be any happier; if I may just say.

I had to make tough choices in life - career move, residence, unusual places to explore and a lot of different people to interact with. Some might not be my choice but okay. A lot has changed from the past year. Some might not be that wonderful to think of; some are good and taught me a lot of good things. Each of it serve its purpose.

I had to be stronger, I guess; and somehow I managed to be one eventually. 2016 might not be that bad after all but it had fun on me as well. I had to experience all incredible things and all crucial things at the same time. I had to expect to be disappointed. I had to be sad to be happy. I had to cry to be able to laugh. I had to be hurt to know what true love really is. I had to lose some to gain some; and I had to move on and let go to finally see what's in store for me, really. Those things were painful at the very beginning but end up good and 'happy'.

I had to get over with a lot of things; with a lot of people. That's how it was, maybe. It taught you a good life lesson: knowing what you truly deserve. To not settle for any less. To not cling on mediocre things, on mediocre treatments, on mediocre relationships. I'm happy I let it all happen and from then I knew... what I truly deserve.

I thank the year and the Lord above for the gift of family, the gift of love, and the gift of friendship. Everything happened for all the good reason. The year brought some light by letting me know why everything else didn't work out before. All the pain went away.

Maybe, what I am just trying to say is that, 2016 had a lot of downs but it has its ups, too. It wasn't perfect but it was alright. It had to be harsh for me to appreciate more. It did what it had to do and I'm still grateful for everything.

To my family and new found family: thank you for sticking around and showing your love in all unique ways possible. I've learned the different kinds of love, care, and affection. I've learned to appreciate you more especially in times I'm not with you. I've learned to love you even deeper during times I'm with you. Our family isn't perfect, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I'd still choose ours over and over again.

To my friends: thank you for being who you are, for always being there in times of inconvenience and more especially in fun. Thank you for all the laughter, the love, and the overall friendship that each of you has given to me all through these years. I'm grateful for each hug, each message, and each photo. I can't wait to make more memories with you all. Here's to hoping to bumping to you again in 2017 and in years to come.

To my love: I couldn't thank you enough for coming and sharing your life with me. You've given meaning to the meaningless seams. You've given love and care to the unlovable stream. Words can't express how much happiness you are bringing to me. You alone is already a huge gift. Thank you for sharing and thank you for staying. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. I love you.

Farewell, 2016. You've been great.
Cheers to the year that was!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum