Little Lulu

Our relationship isn't perfect and probably isn't the most convenient at all. We've gone through some rough patch. Some real rough patch. It was normal and abnormal all simultaneously but I guess it was the way to go. It had to happen to give way to all love, happiness, friendship and all better things. 

G. Toengi / Dina Bonnevie levels!
Mommy at Orchard Road, Singapore, 2010
You are one of the coolest people I know, whose temperament is kind of odd but if known better can easily be get along with. I didn't know that until I have become a older. I grew up distant literally and figuratively and we both know that but I knew you did and still doing your part to make up for some lost years. I say, it's not yet too late to get to know you and you get to know me. There will always be a good timing, a right time for everything. 

I know you aren't that showy or that cheesy, that's just how you are and that's totally fine. But looking at the bigger picture we all know that you are loving, caring, soft and kindhearted in your own unique way. 

Today, it is your birthday and I know you're having fun as always. Growing old is a privilege as they say; and age is just a number we put in all formality documents and the evidence of how much decades we have endured and lived. There's nothing to feel bad about getting old after all (minsan lang siguro).

We might not always say this to you but you are one of the blessings the Lord has given to cure our boring lives and love us uniquely. It will never be complete if there's no maldita around town sabi ni Lord. Kailangan daw dalawa tayo. Joke lang! Hahaha! For me, it's nice to know that we can pull things together now not apart anymore. Distance may have separate but there's always someone like you still. It's also nice to have a confidant and a friend who treats more than an acquaintance but get on full load blood especially in the most crucial occurrences - like make-up, shoes, wardrobe, and even romance. 

We are two different individuals as supposed. I might have gotten something from you or grew up to be another unique human being but I have full respect to the origin of when you bore me quarter of a life ago at 11:08 PM (that's what it says in my birth certificate, by the way). I wasn't able to say thank you for that, so thank you.  

I think all the space and time went by fast have honed us to have our own individuality and have helped us understood that more than friends, we are family. More than another buddy, you are my mother. 

On your birthday I'd like to wish you happiness and many more of that in all forms; in anything and/or anyone that will make you happy. Thank you for the unique love you give and for your support. I wish you love and all the money in the world! 

I love you, Mommy. Happy birthday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum