Save the Environment: NO to Straw Campaign
|Photo from web|
True enough that using straws gives us convenience and some might wonder why we need to re-think using these. Here’s some of the reason why:
- Straws are made up of POLYPROPYLENE – it is a petroleum bi-product; which is the same material used in automotive, textiles, and other plastic materials.
- Straws are among the TOP 10 Marine Debris Items
- 44% of all SEA BIRD species and 22% of CETACEANS have ingested plastic – straws included
- Plastic constitutes 90% of ALL trash floating in the world’s oceans
- In the last 25 years, 6,263,319 straws and stirrers were picked up during annual beach clean-up events
The above mentioned items are just few of the given harmful effects of straws (and other plastic materials) that we consume every single day. Indeed, eliminating (instantly) the usage of these can be quite impossible for we have been dependent on it for quite some time; but we can now start to LESSEN/MINIMIZE and PROPERLY CONTROL its usage -- one step at a time. In this way, we can help save the environment from ALL kinds of pollution, save our fishes and our oceans, and take part on maintaining our healthy body.
Be Straw Free. Go Strawless.
Support the NO to Straw Campaign TODAY!
Note: More updates (research and other study) will be added
Study reference: http://www.choosetobestrawfree.com/