7 days to go

We only have a week to go before graduation. Sad. I know some of you are already done with the graduation rights/graduation proper and I must say congratulations, and I welcome you to the reality of life, the real world, and the fun that I'm sure will occur sooner or later. As I was grasping for some 'sink-in' air aura about graduation, I was able to realize good and bad things about my life during college: that life is what you make it, honesty is the best policy and that honesty can also lead you to some tragic acts of life that can cause severe headache, heartbreak and shattered dreams. If you know what I mean.
I have experienced that before, organization and academically speaking... and until now I'm not yet ready to burst it out, by cause and by chance that I want to forget all about that and it's enough that I've learned my lessons. It was one of the greatest downfalls of my student life. I thanked everyone for the second chance. 

And no, I didn't get a 5.00 in any of my subjects. It was a turning point that I realized that, "hey, Shainne, you gotta do what you need to do here, not some stupid things that you have on your mind." It was then that I knew that my mind was full of stupid and atrocious things. The world is not requiring you to be cool like everyone else, because the world knows that you are cool in your own little and shiny way. 

In a competitive world of college life, I've learned the art of competing, all about how to get things done, how to somehow procrastinate, how to cram and how to dwell with the most intelligent people, the lazy ones and myself. Everyone can devastate you, well, only if you let them. I was a shy dorky, nerdy, and weirdy girl way back early years (I guess, until now), I didn't even know how to act with a lot of people watching me, and I was to comfortable of escaping the real world and go to my own fantasy. That moment I knew that this world don't dwell with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, that Mr. Willy Wonka won't hand me a chocolate when I'm down and out, and by that I've decided to face the entirety of the real world. I greeted it "Hi!"

The pressure of being on top. The pressure of 'going' there. The stressful nights of paperworks. The unsustainable feeling before presentations and defense. That made me smile and say that "Naks, busy ah? Give your best shot. Strike a pose." And I did. I'd like to believe that I really did. Hmm. I guess, I somehow nailed it. Somehow

There are moments in life that you wish to be someone else because you don't feel good about yourself. But you will realize that you are not good being someone you are really not, so the best way is to make yourself proud and all else will follow. 

We don't need to be a genius just to reach our dreams in life. We just need to apply all the lessons we know and learn more. 

Former US President George W. Bush once said in a graduation ceremony: "To those of you who received honors, awards, and distinctions. I say well done. And to the 'C' students, I say to you, you too may one day become President of the United States."

'Nuff said.












7 days to go...
*All photos (c) Shainne Hostalero

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Montalban Waterpark and Garden Resort

Ang Liham ni Andres Bonifacio kay Ka Oryang

Pinto Art Museum